Now let's talk about experimentation, creativity and fun when programming a game :)




Hi, blog!

Happy new year!

This is a blog which is pointed towards learning, but experimentation as well. This is the first blog i've ever made, so this is also an experiment.

Yes, feel free to copy my code and follow the tutorials slavishly. But what's the fun with that? Huh. Think outside the box, try to be creative. That's also why I paste screenshots of the code and not the actual code to give you a sence of creative freedom! It gives you time to think about what you want to do while making the game :)


I watch tutorials on Youtube and use Stack Overflow for tips and tricks, but at the same time tried things since only watching tutorials can be boring in the long term.

If you can think of something while reading my posts, try to set it to life. That's how I learned programming, by following a "how to make Flappy Bird for iPhone" video on youtube... While watching the video I went off track and thought of my own ideas and tried experimenting! But using the tutorial as kind of a blueprint.

Experimentation and creativity is so important (almost as important as "The Key" is for DJ Khalid) and awarding (like winning the super bowl). If you have been working on a bug for hours and you freaking finally fix it, ahhhhhhhhhhhh. It's the best feeling ever. :) (trust me I've been there)

you will feel like this guy trust me: 
:3
Just go ham when programming
Learn from your mistaks when programming
have goals like "today I will fix that damn bug!" or something like that!
And most importantly have fun when programming!


Hope you enjoy this short little post about experimentation, creativity and fun. 

Feel free to follow me on Instagram and Twitter @noobgamemaker

Would be pretty awesome if you who reads this could share this blog, my Instagram and Twitter to your friends, mom, dad, uncle, cousin,  brother, sister, dog, cat, grandpa and grandma! If you want to tho :)

✌✌✌out and have an awesome day :)


Gotcha!

Kommentarer

Populære innlegg fra denne bloggen

let's start cookin' (making a game for iPhone)

It's time to get Schwifty in here! (Timers)

programming tips with meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :D